Children's Church is for ages 3-5 years (through Kindergarten) where children come together to learn about worship in a way that mirrors the bigger family worship service but at their own developmental level.
During the worship services each Sunday (8:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.), children gather together to worship in song, and for prayer, Scripture memory, and lessons from the Word of God.
The volunteers guiding the children through the activities are committed to discipling them to become joyful worshipers of our great and glorious God.
We encourage families to worship together. Our goal is to see children "graduate" from Children's Church and increase their participation in the bigger worship service.
Sunday School exists to instruct our children in ways that would encourage them to know and love the Word of God, understand how it applies to their lives, and provide them with a solid Christian worldview.
This is done in the context of strong relationships between students and teachers and among the students themselves that they would all have the common goal of glorifying God in worship, mission, and discipleship. As they each are growing in their own relationships with the Lord, each of our volunteers is committed to aiding our children live out lives that are wholly devoted to Christ.
Covenant's Sunday School ministry serves 3-year-olds through 12th grade during the Sunday School hour (10:00-11:00 a.m.) assisting parents to train up the next generation to put their hope and trust in our glorious God.
The vision of the Nursery is to provide a safe, friendly environment for children while their parents spend time in worship. It is in the context of nursery that our littlest children learn that they are safe, that they are loved, that they have a special place in the house of the Lord, and that they are part of God's family.
Three nurseries are offered during both worship services and Sunday School:
- Infants (newborns, creepers and crawlers)
- Walkers (confident walkers)
- Toddler A (younger two's)
- Toddler B (two-and-a-half's to younger three's; older three's will move to transition 3 class that begins usually in early March)
Your child's safety is of utmost importance to us.
- All nursery volunteers are approved through a screening process.
- A secure check-in system is in place. (Be prepared to spend a couple of moments registering your child for nursery or pre-register your child online.)
- When you register your child at the kiosk, you will receive a name tag for your child and a security tag for yourself.
- Upon pick up, the nursery volunteer will check your security tag against the child's tag and belongings.
Nursery Volunteer schedules are available on our members page.